The Nevada Prevention Resource Center library currently holds over 5,000 materials including books,journals, videos, kits, and CD-ROMs. All materials are available for check-out by all Nevada residents,regardless of location. Library services are free and materials are available for a three week check-out period, however patrons are welcome to renew materials by phone, email, or fax as many times as needed.
Library materials can be obtained in one of the following ways:
- Visit our library on the UNR campus to browse the stacks and check-out materials in person.
- Browse the collection in the online catalog and request materials through email, phone, or fax. Materials will be sent free of charge via UPS.
Our library materials engage a variety of audiences including children, parents, teens, and professionals. Many items come with support materials such as worksheets, discussion questions, and background information sheets.
The NPRC library catalog is available for viewing online as part of the LRC Catalog. All NPRC materials have BADA before the call number to indicate they are part of our collection. There are a variety of ways to search the library catalog:
- Keyword – This is the default search and will search the entire record for your word or phrase. This search method will get you the most results.
- Title – This will search just by title and will limit results.
- Subject – A subject search will list all the categories that include the word you searched for. For example, alcohol comes up with “Alcohol abuse,” “Alcohol as fuel,” “Alcohol Prevention,” and many more. It would not, however, find binge drinking.
- Category – All of the NPRC materials are categorized as “BADA” materials. If you type in BADA and hit category, it will show each of the categories that NPRC materials are placed in, such as book, video, or kit. If you click on “BADA Kit” you will see all available kits.
Library materials can be borrowed by anyone in Nevada by following these steps:
- When you have found an item you are interested in, click the “Add to Bookbag” button on the left side of the screen.
- When you are done adding materials, click “Bookbag” at the top of the screen.
- Choose “Printer Friendly version”
- Print this page and fax it to NPRC staff at 775-327-2268 or copy and paste the information into an email and send to email@example.com.
- If you are not in the library system, fill out a patron form, found in the “forms” link to the right and fax or email it with your list.
If you would like help in determining appropriate materials for your organization or event, you can contact the NPRC staff. We will happily give you advice on appropriate materials for your audience and topic. Bibliographies of available materials can also be created to fit your event. Please contact us for more information.